Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hi Everyone!

Hope your August is going well!  Our August so far has been pretty cool which is abnormal...hope this doesn't mean hurricanes will be crazy and a bad winter...fingers crossed for none anywho.  Usually its 98 degs with 110% humidity which will suck the life right outta ya...ick!  I don't mind the heat but the humidity is NO fun.  Trying to slowly get myself back into the "school is coming" routine of things.  Riley's HS football has started so he's gone M-F from 7:30 am til 3 pm and then on Saturdays he has scrimmages so its busy.  We've done some school shopping (which is always a bowl full of fun...not) and we won't get any supplies because the high school doesn't release supply lists until student orientation day and EVERY teacher wants different stuff.  My favorite one year was "notebooks with rip out paper that measures 8x10 only, no holes on side"...really? OMG!  And of course by the time we get lists every store is depleted of supplies...last year we stood in a mile long line at Staples UGH!  So I have already bought stuff I know they will need, its all the nit-picky items I gotta wait on till I know what they want.  I so preferred when they were in elementary school...we paid $40 and a box of supplies were waiting on their desks the first day...ahhhhhhmen, LOVED that!

And I've been preparing that in a few weeks Alexa will start her senior year...sigh..I know its coming but can't say I'm ready for it.  She's already had her senior pics taken and we've ordered her cap/gown...ugh..I'm struggling with all this I must say.  She's almost done with her early acceptance application to U of SC...if she gets the letter that she's in by Oct we can SIGHHHH with relief...then we are done.  If not, she will apply again along with 4 other colleges and pray because U of SC is her FIRST choice...so stressful I tell ya!  My stress may have reached an all time high this summer me thinks..I'm gonna have to try yoga and meditating (well maybe not, I'm too ADD to get thru those lol).

So I'm working on acceptance, low-stress, happiness and joy right now...heehee :) May the universe help me get thru it all.

************************************
Pretty In Pink

My CMC DT has gained 4 new fabulous gals...go HERE to see who they are 
and read their bios.  They join my already fabulous talented DT girls that I love!

The current challenge is up at CMC Challenge and its all about "Pretty In Pink"
everyone is welcome to join in the fun!
See the DTs fabulous projects below:









1 comment:

  1. The cards are great. I especially love the little girl taking the big step - is she LOTV? I live not too far north of you and this has not been a bad summer at all. I do wonder what winter has in store for us although I don't worry about it as much since I am retired. Hurricanes are a different matter and we are rather water-logged at present from all the rain.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover