Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Be My Baby!!

Hi folks!  Happy Tuesday to you!  I will keep this short and sweet for you.  Tough day today and a long week to get a lot of things done while running kids to sports and volunteer work...not sure my to-do list matches my energy level this week...yikes LOL!  The to-dos are scaring me and I really only have till Thursday to get it all done.  Friday is drs appts in the morning, then Nats game in DC to celebrate Gramps 90th birthday...Saturday run dogs to my parents house 2 hours south of us and then go to a family BBQ (James' side).  Leave at 4 am Sunday morning for airport to the Florida Keys for 2 weeks...then I shall bury myself in the sand and not leave LOL.  In between get laundry done, house cleaned (yes its gotta be done), pre-posts typed, emails done, packing, errands and running...oh and get the housesitter/cat-sitter situated.  I love vacation but DANG its a lot of work to get there...and I'm pretty much the only one in the house getting it all done.  Hubby is in NC for 2 days this week so that counts out help from him....and the teens...well sometimes they annoy more than they end up helping LOL.

So I am slightly frazzled this week....emphasis on slightly ;)  But I will have projects and posts on BOTH blogs while I'm away so do not fret *yeah right sureeee you say, heehee*...there will be plenty of reading for everyone!!

I shall stop whining now...had to get that out...made me feel a bit better...phewwww LOL :)

*************************************

Baby Baby!

Today TEAM B for Magnolia-licious posts their Tuesday Challenge Projects.  
This challenge is all about LUSCIOUS LACE...lace in the image, lace printed paper, lace accents...it all works!  You can check out hte challenge at the Magnolia-licious Blog for details and how to join in!

I used this super sweet NEW Special Moments image "Little Cute Tilda" for my lace-baby project.  She has lace on her outfit's trim and I used some lace across the middle of my card.  **to age my lace I just swiped some tan ink across it with my Inkssentials Foam Blending tool**  The papers are by Melissa Frances and all were distressed first.  Die cuts around image are all by Spellbinders, yellow swirl is "Val Flourish" die by Memory Box.



She's colored with TouchTwin markers: 
Skin-YR132,YR133,R131/ Yellows-YR32,YR36/Hair-BR104,BR96,Y36/Pinks-R136,RP9/WG3 for grays
Stickles on her trim and headband for sparkle!



The banner across the top was cut with my Silhouette Cameo twice in 2 sizes and papers so I could layer them...I liked the small scallop detail it has.  I stamped some PTI letters in pink ink right on top of the printed paper to spell "BABY" and added another Val Flourish die cut in yellow cs to add behind it to ground it a bit.
I double stamped & colored "Cute Little Tilda's" arm and bow so I could make them pop up from the image...just a fun bit to add for dimension.



Hope you liked this today...see you here on Thursday with a fun project!




7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and image Suzanne..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Love the colours and softness of the little beauty, just gorgeous
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning.
    Love your soft colours for this little cutie.
    Big Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, Suzanne. I love how delicate it looks. It is so you! I think the colors are wonderful. Your image is perfect.

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my you are crazy busy, hope you have a fabulous 2 weeks just doing nothing, well maybe shop:).
    This is such a sweet card the colors are yummy, your layout is gorgeous, and the image is colored to perfection as always.I'm excited I won, thanks sooooo much. Have a restful day:)..

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover