Monday, January 9, 2012

A Rusty Ride!

Happy Monday my friends!  Whooo-hoooo did you all watch the Play-off games this weekend!  The Dean household was ON FIRE—SCREAMING—for TEeeeeebooooow of the Broncos.  We were yelling like a BUNCH of maniacs…welll guess we always are maniacs LOL!  We strongly, strongly DISLIKE the Steelers (hey we are Ravens & Redskins fans & Steelers are our biggest rivals ‘eh)!  So we enjoyed seeing the Steelers crying into their terrible towels…sorry I haddddd to go there hee hee!  That overtime pass and run down the field..whoooowheeee…we were at the table eating my homemade chili-n-biscuits and we were jumping and screaming all over the kitchen…then we STOPPED.  Cuz you know in the NFL you celebrate a touchdown…when you hear….there’s a flag on the field?! LOL!  But not this time baby….oh yeah that was a GOOD touchdown and I’m a TEBOW fan.  After all the negative commentary about him I was so rootin’ for him to have a great game & I wasn’t disappointed.  Looking forward to next weekend’s games---hopin’ the Ravens beat the Texas, and the Saints beat the 49ers.  Alexa and I are making these cute football strawberries (that I got from Pinterest), 7 Layer Dip and mini-pizzas for the occasion –so looking forward to it Smile

I also got down 10 of my 11 Christmas trees down & packed away and all cleaned up thanks to help from my hubby.  The house always feels so bare after its all gone for awhile..I miss the twinkle of lights and smells of the trees that’s for sure.  But our real trees needed to get out to the curb for recycling to pick up and they were starting to drop a ton of needles…never fun to clean up.  And I cleaned up my craftroom…I won’t even tell you what a disaster my room was…DISGUSTING!  I had so many boxes of stuff…craft stuff and some hadn’t been opened or organized.  I had been so busy the last 6 mos that nothing got put away and it got to be such a huge CHORE and I had NO time to dedicate to it.  So I took 4 hours to really clean it up & semi-organize it today and whooo I feel so much better going in there….it’s a relief actually and my mojo is re-energized.  I didn’t go overboard with organizing because when my room downstairs is ready I will just be moving and organizing it again…so I didn’t want to do the job twice…but I needed it to be cleaned out and organized enough that it made it easy for me to work and know where stuff was.  I was spending so much time looking for things that I was wasting too much time and I don’t have time to waste KWIM LOL!  But all in all I was happy with everything I accomplished this weekend and felt I got a lot done.  I also did some reading, some eating, some watching tv and spent time with my family.  We watched “I Don't Know How She Does It” and I swear at times it was like watching myself….yes..including the part where she’s skyping with the business guy but doesn’t know he’s watching & she’s adjusting her pantyhose & then falls into the chair..uh yeah…done dumb stuff like that before.  Hee hee heck I do dumb stuff like that all the time!  And I have a surprise trip this week…can’t say where I’m going…but I’ll tell you after I get back…LOL…its top secret again!  I’m sure there will be some kind of shenanigans and I’m sure I’ll tell you all about it…so stay tuned for my first trip of 2012 LMBO!

NewsBitz:

-Thanks to all the participants for the Holiday CMC Challenge!  All the winners are posted up on the site so go see if you won!  We raised $500 (I’m topping it off to reach a full $500) for our Reading & Literacy Charity and I know that will buy them a bunch of books for the children which makes me happy. If you’d like to donate “just because” you can do that through the end of January directly HERE!  Thanks everyone!

-Tonight we have a NEW GROUP debuting at the CMC Classroom called “We R Smash Bookin’, Scrapbookin’ & Journalin’!!”.  So if you are interested in any kinds of scrapbooking or journaling or want to get started, then hop on over and join us! If you’ve heard of Smash Books—well we are doing those too but you can use any kind of book you’d like.  Each month we will have some fun themes/prompts/ideas for a fun challenge that you can join in on too (I hope it motivates me to get going with my books this year LOL)!  We have a fun chat/party planned at 7:45 pm EST tonight and everyone is welcome (you just have to join the site & scroll down till you see the chat box on the main page)—I’m going to be giving away some fun prizes too! Hope to see you there! (ps—if you’ve never been to a party/chat at the CMC site…well you are in for a treat lol…always fun, fast paced and lots of chitter chatter!).

********************************************************

Want a Rusty Ride!!?


Today I’m sharing a fun masculine project with you all.  I know so many of us struggle with male-influenced projects and I have to say I like the challenge of them.  I find working-outside-the-box fun and makes me energized to try new things.  This image is a digi stamp from Fred She Said called “Old Truck”.  I love this old truck…reminds me of pictures of my grandparents old Chevy truck from back in the day LOL.  And I used a technique on this truck that I teach in CMC Copic Class 5 to put rust on your colored images…a fun technique, not too hard but it just takes some time & patience.

The cardstock is a mix of SU & PTI, some scrap pattern paper and then I distressed all the edges with my Zutter Distress It Tool.  The rust cs was embossed with a clock-works embossing folder (see some cool grunge emboss folders here) and then inked to bring the background out a bit.  I wanted to make my own “gears” so I used my Spellbinder Pinking & Regular Circle Nesties to create gears.  I inked them, distressed them, added some silver stickles and added them to the card.  The corner elements are all brads…however I don’t like to punch many layers of cs…so I cut the ends of the brads off with my Tonic Scissors and add them with glue dots.  The sentiment is from PTI and then some twine to finish it all off.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

(sketch/boys--I flipped my sketch)


P1130585_edited-1

Adding rust to objects with your Copics is FUN!  I always encourage everyone to look at items around them or google pictures when coloring to see how color and light play—it helps with your coloring.  For me this was a really fun project to create and the technique is a fun one—one of my faves from Class 5.  I added Diamond Glaze to the windows, bumper, bolts on tires and headlights and then lightly sprinkled DecoArt Glamour Dust on the Diamond glaze while its wet…it suspends in the liquid for a cool effect.  Then I used a bit of Distressed Stickles (in haystack or something like that lol) on the gravel for some extra texture.

P1130595_edited-1

That’s it for me today…hope you like this project, this image is one of my faves from Class 5 and I was happy to put it on a card!  Great for any guy in your life!  Hope you have a fabulous day…I’ll be back on Wed with a Smash Book project!


31 comments:

  1. omgosh!! The coloring on that truck is incredible. I tell ya, I was screaming and yelling right there along with you. It was an amazing game. I loved every single minute of it and I tell ya hadn't had that kind of experience watching football in awhile. It's always good to enjoy a great game on a sunday afternoon every once in awhile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous. I love the emboss paper in the back. The coloring is out of this world....Congrat....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the coloring on the truck. It looks so realistic. You are AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info on how to do rust. Loved the card. Need to keep that in mind when I need another male card. Enjoy reading your blog. One I go to when I need to smile. How you do all those Christmas trees is beyond me.:) Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coloring is amazing!!! WOW!!!!! And thanks for the tips too!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge! Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creativity and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...11 trees?!! Yikes! Mine ONE is still up...I may leave it up for a while...I love the lights! This is amazing, Suzanne!Your coloring is brilliant!! You are such an inspiration! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Suzanne! I'm luvin' how you rocked the rust on that truck. Cool effect, for sure!
    Love your crazy f-ball antics story too. I can just see you all going crazy in the kitchen. Does James ever go crazy? LOL He always seems so cool, calm & collected. LOL
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome coloring job. Love it!! Thanks for joining Speedy Fox & Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My DH and I were cheering along with you when the Broncos beat the Steelers! We're Seahawk fans so you know why the Steelers are our least favorite NFL team!

    Terrific card! You use so many cool techniques on your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess I really should've dug out the Terrible Towel for luck! Cuz they didn't have any without it. Can't wait to see how your strawberries turn out...they look really fun.

    I can't believe you can clean up your mess in 4 hrs. I think mine will take 4 wks!! If I ever get it done, I'll have to take that class & learn to color rust. It looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you, Suzanne...GO BRONCOS!!! GO TEBOW!!! Of course I'm from Colorado so it's hard not to be a Tebow fan. That game was so awesome, especially the last play. WooHoo...
    Love this rusty truck and have tried the technique but still need some practice. I love the way you've made the card for it. Fits perfectly with the colors. It's awesome.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! What an awesome card! Spectacular coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card Suzanne!! And I'm with you on re-organising the craft room! Funny how it gives you mojo too - it's like a two for one deal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy ...... that card is absolutely stunning!!! The coloring looks like a watercolor card, Suzanne..... you blow me away with your talents, girlfriend!!! Don't know how you do it, actually I do, since I watch your videos, but still am amazed!! You have been blessed!!

    And, you're right, what a game!! Of course, if it weren't for my Chargers, Denver would not have been there..... but they are, we're not, but better luck next year, and we do have Drew and the gang to root for against the gang up north next week. There are a couple of ex Chargers on that Saints team that are still worth cheering for in the post season, mainly Drew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is stunning, love the image, the colouring and design. Thankyou for joining us at HERE COME THE BOYS.
    Hugs Di
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This truck is out of this world fabulous and am going to sign up for the course in February. Unfortunately I have spent my card making money for the month. But I am going to take this course!! I this this is absolutely wonderful!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card. I love your coloring. The rust looks so real. Thanks for playing along with Speedy Fox and Friends challenge this week. We hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenges with Friends of SpeedyTV, for some more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich CO.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah, I'm glad I see your card again. I saw it briefly, but couldn't comment. Your coloring is so awesome!! It's such a treat to see your work. Good luck in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is amazing and the colouring of the truck beautiful. This is an awesome card! Love it.
    Celestial Things

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this card - wonderful coloring!
    thanks so much for entering it with us over at Speedy the Cat (now Fox) challenge (-:
    hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...I love the rusty coloring on your card! This is a perfect guy card with the image and all the added details. Thanks for sharing with us at Pile It On!

    Tam
    One Happy Stamper
    Pile It On! DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Superb card Suzanne and the colouring is brilliant! thanks for playing at Here Come The Boys! Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  23. That truck is so realistic looking, I know a few guys that would really love it! Thanks for playing along with Pile It On's 'manly' challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. AWESOME card and LOVE your image and how you have coloured it but love the die cut shapes you have added too! and the screw top brads! FAB! Thanks for playing along with us on the Pile It On challenge this time, Hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful card - your colouring on the car is fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH GIRLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A VERY STUNNING CARD!!!!!
    Love the coloring and all of the texture is great!!!
    hugs........

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, what a gorgeous card! We're Ravens fans, and I've got to share this joke with you: A guy from Baltimore drives up to Steeler Stadium, goes to the ticket office & asks for tickets to the playoff game. The ticket guy says, "Sorry the Steelers aren't in the playoffs this year." The next week, the guy returns from Baltimore and asks the same thing, and gets the same reply. This goes on for a month, until finally the ticket agent breaks and says, "How many times do I have to tell you, the Steelers aren't in the playoffs!" And the Baltimore guy replies, "I know, I've been driving up here for a month just to hear you say that!"

    ReplyDelete
  28. now that is how I would to be able to use my Copics! Such a gorgeous card, your colouring is astounding! Hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card - love the image, fabulous colouring and embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Here come the Boys this time and good luck! Love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fantastic take on the sketch at Here come the boys, thanks for joining us with your great card. hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover