Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Play Ball!

How Y'all Doin' today! Sorry I didn't post yesterday but the weekend kinda got away from me without getting any projects done, LOL.  I hope all of you had a fabulous Mother's Day weekend!  Mine was great--the weather here in VA was PERFECT and we spent all weekend outside.  I got my garden planted, James planted most of our new shrubs and we barbecued out both nights.  A nice, slow, at home weekend which I royally enjoyed after running around so much lately.  When we finish all the planting (crossing fingers by end of month, lol) I'll share new pics with you!  And then I leave tomorrow for my friend Anary's house in Delaware for the night and then I pick up my friend Melanie on Thursday morning for our trip to Grand Rapids, Michigan to teach for the weekend.  I'm looking forward to catching up with friends old and new and then I will be back home late Monday night.  Then I'm home for the rest of the month to catch up on projects, deadlines and new videos--yay!  Next up on my traveling schedule is Greensboro, NC and Greenville, SC (and maybe Vegas in June, whoo hoo)--you can register or see info at www.cmcroad.com.  I can't believe my kids only have 5 weeks of school left--HOW did that happen? LOL!  Then they'll be home for the summer--the first few weeks are ok but then they start getting bored, annoying me and each other and then by August we are all ready for them to go back, hee hee.  The Circle of Life I guess...........LOL!

NewsBitz:

-Upcoming locations that I will be teaching my CMC Copic Classes include Canada and Ohio and maybe Vegas! South Carolina and North Carolina sign ups are listed NOW for June!  Look at the www.cmcroad.com site next week for registration info!

-New class going up at the CMC Classroom taught by my friend and DT sistah Mindy Baxter.  She's teaching a Magnolia Only Class that features copic coloring instruction, masking and other ways to put projects together.  Its a fun class and you can pre-register for it HERE starting tomorrow May 11th (hover over Class Description/Pricing tab)--class invites will go out next week around Thursday when it debuts!

-7 Kids has the NEW Basic Grey paper packs and accessories (all 4 sets) HERE and the NEW super-cute Bildmalarna stamps HERE!

************************************************************
Play Ball!


Today I'm sharing a fun project I made last year while I was on the Dirty Dozen team for Splitcoast Stampers--it was one of my faves!  Since its baseball season again I knew it was a good time to pull it out of the vault, LOL.  This is a great and easy set for a birthday boy or even for a team party--not hard to put together at all.  


The main image is a digi from Mo's Digital Pencil--I adore Mo and her images are so full of life!  You can almost hear the crowd roaring for this lil' guy to catch that ball!  This image is called "Tuesday's Child-Boy" and he's just so much fun!  I colored him up with Copics to match the Pebbles paper called "Lil' Buddy Collection".  The sentiment banner is by PTI's "All Star Team" set which is perfect if you have a sporty person in your life.  To create the large baseball I cut out a white circle with my Spellbinders Nestabilities and then embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder called "Tiny Bubbles" which gave a great texture to the ball.  I used my orange Copic Spica pen to create the stitching that I just hand drew on.


The ball basket would be great as a party favor or filled with a small treat for someone special in your life.  Super easy to make--its a basic box pattern (use any size you want) and then I just cut two more circles and embossed them and added some "dirt" with my Inkssentials Blending tool and SU ink.  To make some grass I added some green FlowerSoft which gives a nice texture to the project.  Again I used the PTI "All Star Team" set for the pennant and stars.  The handle was easily made using the matching patterned papers.  Perfect for this baseball season & your favorite lil' or BIG ballplayer (wink)!

Alright I will be gone for 5 days but I have lots of projects done and will be blogging them this week including a Gina K Blog Hop and a 7 Kids Challenge--so stop back by!!



12 comments:

  1. What a great card for that man or boy in your life! How cute... so many neat elements to it, just love it, Suzanne.

    Have a safe trip, and fun with the girls.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, and yes you can hear the crowd roaring in the background.

    LOve it
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya...love the colours, fab card!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. Love your card too. Great image and choice of colours. Thanks for sharing

    Hugs Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great trip, Suzanne! My best stamping buddy and her daughter are signed for your MI class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous Suzanne,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woooowie, Suzanne! What a FAB card for a ballplayer. Love the basket too. Great idea! Your head must want to explode from all the ideas rolling around in it. LOL

    Have a great time with Anary & your other crafty buddies.

    Huggies ~ Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always so impressed with your colouring skills! Wow you're good!! Love this colour combo a lot.
    Hugs Janine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where in Ohio are you going to be teaching? And when? I'd love to come to your class!!! I live in NE Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh....I didn't realize you were teaching so close to me. I'm only about 50 miles away. Dang.....well maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this!! With both of my boys playing baseball, the embossing folder (which I own) is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHHH Okay you just took my craze for embossing to the next level! So cool and out of the box!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover