Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Retro Kitty---Meooooow!

Hello everyone & a very Happy Wednesday to you all!  Slowly but surely I am getting out of this "accident" fog I seem to have been in---not fun at all!  But I will continue blame any weirdness on my concussion for awhile longer okay, LOL!   I just finished planning out our Spring Break trip for next week and I'm super-excited about it.  I get home Monday morning at 3 am from CT and then we leave on Tuesday morning at 4 am for 10 days in MAUI---whoooo hooooooo!  It is a NON-WORKING vacation for me so other than checking emails I am off duty for 10 days.  There will be some posts on my blog while I'm gone so keep checking in but for the main part I will be ALOHA for a bit, hee hee.  I have wanted to go to Maui since I found out "what" it was in elementary school so this is a huge DREAM come true for me and I get to share it with my family.  We have a luau, some snorkeling, surf school, some zip-lining, beach walking, waterfall hiking and singing fun planned while we are away.  I will post on Facebook regularly with pics if you want to keep up with me over there.  We have a flight to Dallas and we all sit together, then a 3 hour layover (whoo hoo sing-a-long time) and then the flight to Maui.  LOTS of time for Suzanne to embarrass her family but then again they know me well so they'll just walk sloooooooooowly away from me!  Alexa already warned me that I better NOT have any "wipe-outs" in the airport.  She'll be celebrating her 15th birthday while we are away so I TOLD her that if she "deserted me" that there would be NO PRESENTS, LOL!  Riley is ready though--he said he'd do some singing with me, hee hee! (trained him well, huh?)  If any of you have been to Maui, I'm taking suggestions on things I MUST do while I'm there---so email or comment if you have any!  I'd love to hear what we need to see!

NewsBitz:

-If you haven't checked out the NEW Elisabeth Bell for SCACD "Peekers" yet than you need to get over HERE and see these cuties!  You will definitely want one, or two or ALL! LOL!

-New NC location is up for my CMC Copic Classes on the Road including a NEW Card Class---see the details at www.cmcroad.com.

*********************************************************
Retro Kitty----Meoooooow!


Today is another fun 7 Kids Challenge and our hostess this week is Marlena Peduzzi and she has challenged us to create an Easter/Spring project!  Well I really, really wanted to use this image so I used spring colors instead!  When I was in Phoenix I was lucky enough to be able to go in Tab's (7 Kids owner) stock room and get some goodies, raid her supplies, bug her, dance around, you know the routine, lol---like I needed more right? But YES I did and I had to have all these cool new Stampavie Sarah Kay grown up girls with dogs & cats stamps--I LOVE them!  So I scooped up one of each, LOL!  You can find out all the details for the challenge at the 7 Kids Challenge Blog!

I used some gorgeous new papers by SEI "Sunny Days"--I loved the bright cheerful colors, they just make me HAPPY!  I love to skew my layers a bit for a touch of whimsy--I find I do it a lot lately--does that mean I'm a bit SKEWED, LMBO!  I added some layered Prima flowers and pearls---the circle elements were done with my Spellbinders Nestabilities.  The scrolly leaves are by my fave Marianne Designs dies (shhh they may be coming soon here) cross your fingers.




Isn't she just a cutie-patootie with her retro clothes and cute kitty?  Her name is "Josephine Cuddling her pet cat Kiki" (that's a mouthful huh?).  She's colored with copics RV17,RV13,RV10/Y15,Y11,Y00/YR18,YR12,YR00/E11,E00.  I added some stardust Stickles to her shoes and sweater for some blingety-bling! 



Make sure to stop by the 7 Kids Challenge Blog to join in on the challenge with us and see the gorgeous DT projects!  I'll see you back here on Friday!




18 comments:

  1. Suzanne she is just to cute for words...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suzanne! Oh how jealous I am of your trip to Hawaii!! My biggest dream!!! (well, one of them) Have a wonderful, relaxing time with the family! Your card is just delightful! I love those bright, springtime colors! They match the sunshine we are having for the moment! (with the emphasis on "moment"!)
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. So colourful and happy card.
    Love her hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how bright this is... Hope hour are feeling better after your accident, guess I missed a poster two, but what better way to recoup than Maui. Have tons of fun

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diffentley Springy.This is a card that should brighten anyones day..and I am a lover of bright colors. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colours, Suzanne!!!
    Love your new image too :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colours, Suzanne!!!
    Love your new image too :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. I love this stamp and the colors you chose are so vibrant you can't help but grin. We didn't hit Maui, but we did go to Oahu several years ago. I definitely enjoyed the snorkeling, but I also liked watching the people in the long boats (like canoes but really long, I have no idea what they're called) ride in on the waves early in the morning. Just really cool and very "Hawaiian" to me. Hope you have beautiful weather. I know you'll have a wonderful time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh Suzanne.....she is darling! Love the colors you chose. Reminds me of Hawaii. I've been to Maui a couple of times but we aren't too adventurous & it's been years so it's probably changed a bit since then. I know you'll have a FABulous time. It's soooooo beautiful there! You'll love it & won't want to come home!
    And you sing your heart out & get the whole place jumpin'! LOL
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne, stunning as always. BTW, what's ur FB profile name or under which email I can find u? Thanks for being an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card, Suzanne. I love the color scheme and that stamp is so sweet. I would love to be wearing an ensamble like that and she is colored perfectly to match all your DPs and embellies.

    You will LOVE Maui and I guarantee you won't want to come home. Safe travels, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a kitty lover, gotta say I love your card!! Such springy colors, it sure is inviting and darling....just beautiful, Suzanne!!!

    And, as for your trip, you sure deserve a get away with all that's been going on, girl!! - and Maui is the place to do it for sure!!! When we went there, we stayed in Ka'anapali both times. Lots to see at all the resorts there and you could walk to shops and places to eat easily. Also whales went by right off the coast, beautiful! I'd recommend seeing Lahina, it was an old whaling village and now has numerous historical sites, restaurants, shops, the famous Banyan tree, lots to see and do there and it's right on the coast. And, you can't go to Maui without going on the road to Hana........ Have a great time and enjoy yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Suzanne, What a great card! I love the colors that you used. Its such a nice selection of springy and tropical colors....You must really be ready for your trip to Maui!

    I have never been there, so sorry, no tips from me, but I will gladly crawl into your luggage as a stowaway! hehehe

    I hope that you have a fantastic time and please be careful on those people movers in the airports !! LOL Seriously, Im glad you are OK and that you have a blast!

    *Hugs*
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a GREAT trip! I love the colors on this card. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Suzanne,
    I just love all your cards. You do wonders with the copics (I'm so jealous LOL).
    As for your trip, I have been to Maui 10 times and in Oct. it will be 11. If your going to do a luau you must do the Old Lahina Luau. It's locate right in Lahina. Also Longhi's restaurant is great. That is also in Lahina. You can take the hellicopter ride which was great. Shopping and resturants are pentiful in Whalers Viallage. If you have any questions you can either e-mail me or leave a comment on my blog. Have a great time (which I'm sure you will). I'm so jealous (but not too since I'm going in Oct.). Aloha, Anne :)
    http://createacardbyanne.blogspot.com
    anmatt1@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just so cute!!! When I go to Maui, I attend as many Luau's as I can... They are all so very different and I like the variety. The food is very different - one is a little costly but so worth it.... you get entertainment and food from 4-5 different cultures! A must! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy your well earned break!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzanne....beautiful card as always!!! You can pick up a CD for the trip to Hana and it will really help you to know where to stop and gives you the history as you go along. We found it very helpful. I'll try to find it on a map but we drove around the island and ended up on this small road that we found out later was really for residents only but it didn't show that on our map, however, it was GORGEOUS....very very narrow road but breathtaking views.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover