Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Work It Girlie, Work It!!

Happy Terrifico Tuesday to ya!!  What do you all have planned for the day?  Not much here, running some errands, making a roast for dinner & getting my daughter to gymnastics and hopefully have some time at the end of the day to start my new book!  Am I EXCITING or what!!?  LOL!

When I was young I was all for excitement, loved to have something to do or somewhere to go and dated enough bad boys to write a book--and now that I'm older I realized that I've gotten BORING, hee hee!  But you know what, I'm okay with that :o)  I don't mind alone time, I like the quiet and I like quiet activities like hanging out with my family, watching movies & reading!  Hubby is just as boring as I am and you know what--I LOVE it!  BORING is good, he doesn't surpirse me with horrible behavior, I always know how he will react & I never doubt that he loves me, he's steadfast & reliable and a great husband and dad.  Sure we have exciting fun times but we always have them together & that's what I appreciate most after all most 15 years together--we can be in each other's company while both reading or just watching tv and I don't doubt for a second his love for me or mine for him :o)  So eat that "excitement"--the new trend is BORING and it's GOOD!  LOL!

NewsBitz:

-If you didn't enter for my BLOG CANDY yesterday, you have until this Friday, Nov.20th to do so right HERE!

-Have you gotten your NEW Holiday Cuttlebug Embossing Folders yet?  I have and they're fab and you can too right HERE!

-Mo's Digital Pencil Dream Team will be having a fabulous BLOG HOP on Thursday for you all--the theme is "Precipitation"!!

*******************************
Try It Out Tuesday #44--We've Got the Blues!!


Since today is Tuesday, that means it's another "Try It Out Tuesday Challenge #44" for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design and this week I've challenged the DT to create projects that incorporate BLUE!  I just had to use this fabulously, fun new stamp by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD "Marianne" (she's named after Susana's trainer, hee hee)--oh how I wish I looked this good when I worked out hee hee!  I'm usually in ratty gym clothes, no makeup & sweatin' up a storm, LOL!  But I decided to create a workout/weight loss journal, a gym bag tag and a matching charm bookmark!  The dp is by Deja Views, ribbon is American Crafts and the shimmery cs is by Bazzill and the images colored with Copics.



I covered & altered one of the MANY journal notebooks I always keep around--this one is cool since it has a pocket on the inside & back covers to stick recipes or notes to yourself.  The fun sentiment is from Stamping Bella--appropriate dontcha' think?  A fun set for yourself or for a friend to get them motivated!! (umm... maybe I should gift it to myself since my work-out motivation is lagging, lol)


I used my Shrinky Dink paper to create a work-out girl charm along with some other beads to create a charm for the end of the bookmark.  After shrinking her I painted her with shimmery Inspirations Paints--love those!  Now make sure and hop over to the store blog "Follow Your Heart" to see the rest of the Blue Projects by the DT--they may be all BLUE but they're sure to make you SMILE!!

****************************
A White Christmas!


From blue to white we go!!  I have had this card flitting in my head for a couple of weeks now & glad to finally get a chance to produce it, hee hee!  I think all white cards are so very elegant especially so for the holidays but VERY HARD to photograph, hee hee!  But you get the idea!  The cardstock is both matte & shimmery from PTI which looks fab embossed with the new holiday CB embossing folders.  And I had to pull out one of my most favorite Lockhart stamps "Snow Tree w/ Birds"--I embossed it with Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder which really shimmers and then did the same around the edges of the oval.


I had to add more sparkle by adding in some stardust Stickles to the tree and a rhinestone to the star on the top!  I circled the oval with rows of white pearls and used my Bow Easy to create the double bow (love this sheer polky-dotted ribbon, need to get more)



The glass ornaments I got at AC Moore for a $1 a piece--WOW!  They make quick & easy ornaments but are so very elegant looking on your tree!  I stamped the Christmas tree and snowflakes with Staz-On White ink and then added some stickles to make it sparkle!  This makes a fabulous gift set for you or for someone special--hope you like it as much as me :o)

See ya back here tomorrow with some more fun projects!

19 comments:

  1. Suzanne, I love all of this creations!!! SO beautiful!! And the all white creations is just amazing!! love all your work, very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suzanne
    what beautiful creations!! perfect gifts to make for someone special!! I especailly like the book mark:-) I have quite a few people in my life that read a ton of books,
    XmicheleX

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been one busy woman, I love them all, my fav is the vintage Christmas. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooooooh! aaaaaaaaaaah! Stunning! Both sets! That notebook set is KEWL! and the Christmas tree set is so elegant! You always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne. I love all of the projects. My workout motivation has been low lately too. Maybe if I purchase that fab stamp I will feel like getting out there. LOL. The white card and ornament are beautiful. The ornament would look great on the Christmas tree.

    Deb Mercer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne. Wow, where to start? Let me say I agree boring is great..My hubby and I have been together for 16 years and I really don't want a man that I can not depend on to be home or with me and the kids...I love our quiet little town life...hehe...On to your wonderful cards. I wish I looked that good period not just when I worked out..lol..One can dream! OMGosh...Your white card is just so elegant...I love it...Great work as always..Have a super Tuesday. Lisa G :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luv the Christmas card & ornament it's so elegant, your book & bookmarks are fantastic, I luv it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, these are awesome!....and I just LOVE Marianne!! I just started weight training over the summer and I'm totally hooked on it....I think Marianne is CALLING my name! :) Love how you colored her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been BUSY!!!!!!! WOW=LOVE these! Hope you have an awesome day and yes, I agree that BORING is the new FUN ;) hahaha awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - LOVE all these projects! The all white card and ornament are elegant and I love all the projects you made to match - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S......yep, it's official, you pushed me over the edge and I ORDERED Marianne! Thanks for the enabling, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Suzanne Rocked both sides of the creative universe again :o) You got from bluesy sweats to white crisp elegance. You are a crafting camelion hee hee
    OH BTW Denise thanks and your order went out today :o)
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  13. This white card is just beautiful - so beautiful that I just had to do my own take on it. I think I will go get some plastic ornaments and make some of those also. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. White on white cards are so elegant; just beautiful. I love the ribbon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Suzanne,

    Love all your work today - especially the glass ornament! It is really beautiful.

    Well - guess what? DH and I have been boring for over 40 years - nice to know we are not alone :o)

    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just BEAUTIFUL...and I agree, Boring is the best. After almost 22 years, my hubby & I are our own exciting boring. There is a lot to say about being in sync with someone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW what a stunning collection of projects!! Love the Elizabeth bell projects, the volour combo is gorgeous! what a great gift set! Inspirational work!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome projects! Altered items are my favorite. I would love to see a tutorial on how you do your shrinky dinks- I seem to be quite challenged in this area. Maybe I need the inspirations paint! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Are you are that working out girl isn't YOU! I have checking your blog out for about 2 months now and you see to be on the mooove constantly! Boring...that just doesn't seem possible! Love the girlie and your White Christmas is just exquisite!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover