Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's a Maggie Day!!

Hello everyone & Happy Wednesday!! Hope your week is swell so far! I feel like summer has just flown by & it makes me sad :o( I feel like I only have a few more weeks to cram everything I wanted to do & get done this summer--do you feel that way? And I have to squeeze in some school shopping along the way since the kid's need new everything with the way they've both sprouted this summer, LOL! This weekend we'll be busy painting & putting together my new craft room & I'm super-duper excited about it---here's a clue "tiffaney blue"!! I promise to share pics when it's all done--I CANNOT wait to have it pretty & most of all super organized! Where I'm at now is nice but it's too small & I am crammed in there & organization is not always possible, hee hee! My supplies & stamps have taken over---ackkkkkk! And there's always more to get although I think I'm going to have to go on a paper buying "hiatus" again--I've got sooo much that I need to use! (but the new fall stuff is sooooo cute, hee hee)

***********************************************
NewsBitz:


-I am selling 70% of my Stampin' Up stamps to make room for other supplies in my new craft room. I've made a pdf file HERE of all the sets I'm selling, the prices & the shipping costs--email me what you'd like as it is first-come, first-serve!! PayPal only!

-7 Kids College Fund has all the NEW & FABULOUS Basic Grey dp for pre-order right HERE! Can't wait to get mine & love, love the name "Eskimo Kisses" so cute!! (aww, forget about that paper hiatus stuff I said, hee hee)
******************************************************


So today is a "Maggie Day" (a la my friend Jacque, hee hee) and I'm featuring 2 fun cards for you. All of these stamps are available at Magnolia-licious too! With summer coming to an end I feel like I've got to use all my fabulous summer stamps right away, hee hee! These fabulous stamps are from the Lazy Summer Days Collection here! I love lil' Tilda leaning over the strawberry--I cut her out & propped her up on the strawberry scene! I adore anything that has berries on it and this fab dp is from Best Creation "Sweetie Pie" available here--it's so yummy isn't it? I used my Nestabilities Labels 4 for behind my images & the sweet lil' tag. The sentiment is from PTI's "Mega Mixed Messages" as are the fun buttons. I cut some of my green Prima flowers to make leaves for my "faux berry buttons"--great way to use your green flowers! And no card is complete w/o diamond stickles on Tilda's wings & the strawberry & around the tag. Berry Delish!!

Second card was made for the Magnolia-licious DT August Sketch that you can see here! If you decide to join in on the fun there is an opportunity to win some prizes on the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog! I used some more fun Maggie stamps from the Lazy Summer Days Collection again & I think lil' "Beach Tilda" is so stinkin' cute in her polka-dotted swimmy suit! I popped her up on the "bathing ring" which got a nice slick coat of diamond glaze for shine. I created a fun cloud background & then stickled some of the cloud outlines for sparkle. The fun summery dp is from Flair Designs here! The PTI sentiment (from A Day at the Beach) was stamped on a cut-out from my Ribbon Tag Trio Nestabilities in yellow cs--wrapped everything up with some fabulous ribbon & topped with a button! Summertime Fabulous!

Hope you enjoyed my projects today & you were inspired a bit!!
See ya back here tomorrow!


hugz,

Suzanne

22 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne,
    Both of your cards are so very cute! I love them both and they are colored perfectly and always have the perfect DP for the image. Love to look at your card and thanks for the inspiration you give.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Suzanne, wow you've been busy hunny with several gorgeous cards, just love the magnolia ones, tilda looks fabulous in them both! lovely papers and colouring as always, your blog is full of such inspiration. Have a lovely day, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what wonderful colors for both the cards, I love Tilda cut out and propped over the strawberry, and I really like her popped on the nestis!
    Beach Tilda is wonderful with the colors you picked, I especially like the circle shapes with her!!
    XMichele SX

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh wow Suzanne I love your new cards, the colors are awesome ! Beautiful !

    hugs Annita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are absolutely precious! Always love your coloring and details! You never cease to inspire, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Suzanne, lov ethe cute images and the pretty papers and details. Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful cards Suzanne!!! I love these images...I never got all my Spring images stamped! ugh! lol TFS!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the first card! It is so delicious. The purple background of the middle piece makes Tilda stand out nicely. The second card is perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW those are gorgeous!! I love both of them!! I just love the strawberry. For some reason I am all of a sudden needing strawberry stamps. LOL! Love the bg of clouds but both cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are fabulous, Suzanne. The coloring is stunning. Hard to believe summer is nearly over, our kids start back to school in 2 weeks! Can't wait to see your new "studio" in Tiffany Blue (did I get that right?) I'm looking forward to expanding myself in about 6 months!!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your card Suzan
    there realy cute

    greetings Willeke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzanne, like always your cards are so very cute.I like checking in on you everyday.
    Linda W.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty!! I love both of your cards and the pretty papers you used too!! We are so alike in the sense that we love paper... I too have lots of paper that I should be using but when they bring out new ones, I really have to get them! LOL!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are just adorable, Suzanne! Love your coloring and how Tilda is relaxing in the strawberry patch!
    Great use of Beccas sketch in card two! Love the button and ribbon "treatment"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are just adorable, Suzanne! Love your coloring and how Tilda is relaxing in the strawberry patch!
    Great use of Beccas sketch in card two! Love the button and ribbon "treatment"!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These cards are so fantastic. The cloud background is so pretty and summery looking on the Swimsuit Tilda. The purple and pink are great combo for the Strawberry Tilda. Both of them look so precious and delightful!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  17. How beautiful!! Both of them are so sweet. Congrats on your new room. So excited to see your new room. Take lots of detailed pics. Always looking to improve my room.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These two cards are so adorable, Suzanne! Love all the DPs you used and the colors you chose for the Tildas. Beautiful work. Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darling cards as always, Suzanne! Your work is sooooooo amazing!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are awesome, Suzanne!!! LOVE the bright CHEERY colors!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover