Saturday, August 29, 2009

Harvest Time!

Happy Saturday friends! Whatcha' got planned for the weekend? We're finishing school shopping today (ack) so please pray for me, hee hee! After that we have nothin' planned for the evening which sounds good to meeeee! Plus its supposed to be dreary & rainy here again today, so its a good day to snuggle in w/ a great book! Sunday, hubby & son are going to our local airport for an airshow of helicopters, bombers & other 'guy' stuff while Alexa & I stay home! Hopeful to get some craftin' in so my week isn't too crazy--the kids both have their 6th & 8th grade orientations this week and we might try and go away for a few days for the holiday. I want to go the the Maryland Eastern Shore and hangout for a few days & eat lots of yummy blue crabs (my favorite food evah') & relax before the new school year starts & holidays appear fast on the horizon!

NewsBitz:


-haven't had enough sun to shoot my Bow-Easy video & new Copic tutorial, but hopefully will get that done on Sunday! So stay tuned!

-In "Suzanne's Book Reviews" for ya (LOL)--I just finshed Karen White's "House on Tradd Street" which was FABULOUS--her new one will be out in Nov.! Another one I finished yesterday which was great too was Jennifer Weiner's "Goodnight Nobody"--I love her books! Her "Certain Girls" is a great one too! And I'm counting down the days until Sept. 15th when Dan Brown's new book comes--I will be taking the entire day off to read it, hee hee!

*************************************

Just one card for ya today--sorry no postie yesterday but I didn't have internet until 9 pm last night & wasn't able to get it done :o( (but I did finish my book, hee hee) This card uses the fabulous Lockhart Stamp Co. "Harvest Angel"--isn't she fab!? Karen has done a few of these angels for different seasons & they're all lovely. I colored her w/ Copics and used my new Nestabilities Labels 9 to cut out my angel & cs layer. I used my Bow-Easy again to make my bow, and the sentiment is from PTI's Autumn Abundance set. I punched scrolls out w/ my fave punch & added some fun rhinestones to the centers. And of course stickles on her leaf wings & diamond glaze on the hurricane glass! Perfect for fall holidays!

Alrighty, have a fabulous weekend & I'll see ya back here on Monday!


hugz,
Suzanne

8 comments:

  1. Great card! Very whimsical and love the harvest colors... I need some new titles to read, so thanks for the "book review" LOL :) I am a re-reader in that I read my faves over and over... it drives my friends Kelly nuts. Now I can tell her I might pick up some new books to read :)

    Have a great day!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a fabulous card! Love the colors and such a cute image!♥

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Suzanne. I just got done reading "Goodnight Nobody" also. I am now reading "My sister's keeper". I wanted to mention how much I loved seeing your work in the most recent issue of the Paper Crafts Cards magazine. Awesome stuff. I think you are very talented and check every day to see what you have made. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Suzanne,
    Again very beautiful card :-O
    Very,very lovely paper,rubbon and details.
    I love 'it!
    hugs Ula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne, gorgeous card. Love the clean look of the card. The soft colours and the DP's are gorgeous. Love it.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card! Hmmm.... that dp looks familiar, lol. (It's one of my favorites, too. I love how delicate it is and it seems to work with a lot of different images.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect card for the season! Just beautiful the image the colouring and the layout!
    Love coming to your blog daily!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne,
    Sounds like you have a good plan for tomorrow - a lovely Sunday in my 'book'. Another quick trip sounds great too - I see you are a crab lover also :o)
    Your card is wonderful. I LOVE ANGELS so your image 'grabbed' me right away. Love the DP and the added blue touches and ribbon make it a lovely special Fall card.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover