Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gettin' Krafty!!

Hello friends & Happy Thursday to ya! Got the kids off to grandma's house yesterday so I'm going to enjoy the quietness of the house for a few days, hee hee! No arguin' between kids, no slamming doors, & no saying "I'm bored" for the 5,000th time!! After I get my work done, I'm going to go sit outside (in the 90 degree heat, yes) and read my novel & play ball with the doggies & maybe take a late nite walk with hubby---ahhhhhhh! Is it bad to be a lil' giddy that your kids are off for a bit? LOL--nah, I know they're being spoiled & having fun & we ALL need a break now & then from each other!! Anywho, I've got some KRAFTY projects & BOY ones at that for ya today!!

NewsBitz:

-Susana's Store has the BRAND NEW Flower Soft in Autumn & Polar White in the store right now! So run & be first to get yours HERE--mine comes today hopefully, so you will see me use it real soon!

-If you haven't had a chance to play the Lockhart Scavenger Hunt, there is still time! Go HERE for all the details!
*********************************************************

So I did two boy projects for ya today both involving Paper Trey Ink's Kraft cs (the best I tell ya)! I got my new Pet & Animal Collection Magnolia's from the super sweet Diana of Magnolia-licious & I couldn't wait to ink some up. This lil' "Jungle Edwin" reminds me soooo much of my son when he was younger & totally idolized Steve Irwin the "Crocodile Hunter"--and he still loves to watch animal shows (even the gross ones--ewww)!! I got all this fabby dp in my package too & I'm not sure who it's by but I do love it (the orange animal dp is glittery)!

I used this week's SCS sketch #240 for my layout and colored my image with Copics--I added some diamond glaze to his helmet & some spica pens to his machete knife & belt buckle. I love to use twine on masculine cards--takes the place of more feminine ribbon ya know. The button is from PTI & the sentiment is from PTI's "Around & About Sentiments" set! I think he's such a cutie! All of these Pet & Animal Collection stamps are available at Magnolia-licious HERE.

My next two cards feature the fabulous Lockhart Stamp Co. board game stamps "Parcheesi" & "Checkers". Always need some cards for the men in your life ya know & I tried to keep these colorful & manly at the same time--they would be great for birthdays or any other occasion. I stamped my images on PTI's kraft cs again--it's such a different effect when you color on kraft with your copics--more muted colors. (when doing this you have to use more vibrant colors for them to show up on kraft) The dp is from DCWV & I just loved the retro pattern & cool colors--perfect for these notecards.

Both of my projects today are up for sale on my Etsy shop if you're interested in them!! Hope you like them both--they sure were fun to make!


See ya tomorrow!

hugz,
Suzanne

16 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne,
    Love your cards and Edwin is adorable. Your cards are always perfect and these are no exception!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great going ons, that Edwin card is over the top cute. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanna what fun projects you have here! You always have such amazing things...I love stopping by your blog everyday to see the newbies! :) Enjoy your time children-free!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy cards are so hard to do. But not for you - this card is wonderful (as are all your cards). I love all the unique projects on your site!
    : ) Angela Wood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how sweet!! I just adore the coloring on this!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne - Edwin is soooo HANDSOME! Love the earthy colors and all the details on your card! oh ENJOY yourself...now that our girls are married, I wonder where the time went!!!! You can't win! lolPam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is an adorable card! I love it!
    Hugs
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Edwin!! Handsome hunter indeed! Love all the special touches your added to him and the layout is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing boys cards, there so much harder to embellish because you don't want to use glitter or flowers or most ribbons. It's nice too see what others have done to decorate them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great "boy" card here Suzanne! I always struggle to make them but you have done a great job and the colors are great also. I'll use this as a sample for my next boy card. Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh once again another master piece.
    Great card as always - thanks for sharing it
    Your a great new friend.
    God Bless
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable card!! I love the colors and that paper is perfect!! Your Edwin is quite handsome as well!
    Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog!
    Have a nice relaxing time w/o the kiddos!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the paper you used in the background! The twine you put behind the image was a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Jungle guy! He's a cutie! Love the DP too!
    Great job!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards as always Suzanne! Love the one with Edwin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! these are awesome! Love that Edwin card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover