Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunshine, My Friends!!

Hello & Happy Monday everyone!! Hope you all had a pleasant weekend & enjoyed Mother's Day! I had a lovely weekend with my family. We took a long walk along the creek and Potomac River with the dogs & grilled outside & had some good wine. The kids brought me breakfast in bed and all my lovely gifts (a pandora bracelet with charms & zebra clutch and new running shoes)! The running shoes were bought because today starts my "Suzanne needs to lose 20 lbs" kickoff, LOL! So hopefully in 8 weeks I will be where I need to be--an hour everyday of cardio, weight lifting & some Wii Fit!! So I'll keep you informed on how I'm doing! I'm modifying my horrible diet & reducing my Cherry Coke addiction to just 1 a day (GASP--can I do it, LOL)! I'm determined to get this weight off & feel like myself again!! Wish me lotsa luck!! :O)



**NEWSBITZ--Today kicks off a week of reveals for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design!! A new line of stamps by Victoria Case for SCACD will be available on Friday!! These are just about the cutest stamps I've evah' seen & you will LOVE them!! Wanna win a set? Go to the store blog HERE to get all the details & see some sneaky peeks too!! The DT will also have a BLOG HOP on Friday to showcase all of the stamps for you! You do not want to miss out on this!! ***



My first card today showcases this super-cute set "Sweet Pea" by Pink Cat Studio! These babies are so cute and I really wanted to showcase how versatile this set is--these stamps don't have to be used just for "baby" stuff! All of the supplies on this card are available at 7 Kids College Fund! The dp is Basic Grey's "Urban Prairie", the sentiment is from Hero Arts "Thoughtful Messages" and is colored w/ Copics! I really love how this one turned out--makes me smile! NOTE: there is no belly-button bling, just the way it stamped, LOL!


Second card I like to call Antique Rose! I watercolored this precious "Tilda in Hat" from Magnolia-licious with my Distress Inks. (You can buy Distress Ink reinkers from my pal Marti at Pez-a-doodle). The yummy dp is by K&Co "Madeline" which I picked up at Michaels cuz' I couldn't resist! I made my own hatpin and added some Kaiser pearls and the sentiment is from PTI's "Mega Mixed Messages".

I really love to watercolor but it does take longer than coloring w/ copics, lol! I added some stickles to her hat band & dress front! The cutouts are made with the "Peony" nestabilities (all Nestabilities at Susana's store are 15% off thru the 17th)!

I promise, promise to have my "gift" slideshow up for you tomorrow! Hope you all enjoyed my projects today!! I'm off to work-out hee hee--hope I don't pass out! LOL

hugz,
Suzanne

14 comments:

  1. Good luck on losing the weight! I'm doing the same thing so hopefully we can both be "losers"!

    Beautiful cards - I loved the watercolored Tilda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Suzanne, love the cute images and the pretty papers and colour schemes. Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, I love both cards!! That belly button on the sweet pea baby--hee hee that is soo... cute! And the Tilda image is always so adorable. As always your cards are first class. I learn so much from visiting your blog. Thanks.

    hugsxxx
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afternoon Suzanne, im pleased to hear you had a fabulous mothers day. These cards are all gorgeous! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get so excited when I see you've made another card!! Love it and the hat pin is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How stinkin cute that baby is and that Tilda is just precious! I love my distressed inks. The papers are jusy yummy! Good luck with the losing weight. If anyone can, it's you!

    Hugs to you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are so sweet and cute, Suzanne! Love them both. Baby is adorable and Tilda is pretty. Love your coloring! Have a wonderful week creating, to share with us. Cami

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baby card is just so cute!! Tilda is just beautiful!!! I love the look of the watercolors - they are just so soft - they are so difficult to shade like you have done - you have made them look so perfect!! I know you will do great on the "new you" effort! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Supercute cards! Delightfull colors! Good luck with loosing weight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are such beautiful cards! Love the bright yellow!
    Have fun working out!! =)
    Hugs,
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute and I love the colors. Love that belly button!!!

    I left you an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow those turned out wonderfully!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover