Friday, May 8, 2009

Flowers and Vegas!!

Hiya & Happy Friday! I'm bacckkkkkkkk--LOL! I got home Tuesday evening and had to take 2 days to recover from the time change & the utterly exhausting but total blast I had in Vegas!! I had the best time with my gal pals & I flew w/o any anxiety (amazing)--although our flight heading out to Vegas was delayed by 3 hours! Vegas is definitely not a place you go to relax, LMBO--but I had a fabulous birthday (thanks girlies) and a really wonderful time. The weather was perfect--amazing how 90 degrees in dry heat feels comfortable--if its 90 in VA we're all sweating! I gambled (won & lost, hee hee), ate some yummo-licious food, saw "Cher", saw the "O" Cirque du Soleil (in water & totally fabulous) & did some shopping. Whewww...are you tired from all those activities? I still am! We also rented a car and saw the Hoover Dam & the Red Rock Canyons--just stunningly beautiful! Anywhoo, I have a slideshow at the end of this post with all my Vegas pics if you're interested. Tomorrow I will have a slideshow of all the cards & presents I got in the mail from everyone for my bday--thanks & big hugz to you all! I'll share some funny stories about my trip with you all next week too....
**EDITED--Riley (my son) was in the ER until 5 am this morning with a serious asthma attack--he has a really bad sinus infection, double ear infection & strep throat! Poor thing! Thanks to everyone who was cyber-holding my hand last nite since I couldn't be in the ER cuz' I have ear infections & strep myself & 104 temperature, ugh!!! Here's to getting everyone better!***


So my first card up is for my mom for Mother's Day (sorry mom it might be a lil' late, lol)!! I used my favorite Tilda of all time (cuz she's super-cute & holding my fave flowers) "Tilda w/ Tulips" that you can buy at Magnolia-licious! I used the Mojo Monday sketch #85 for my layout and the dp is some of favorite (I hoard it) from BoBunny! The sentiment is a rub-on from Dream Street papers and I used my MS butterfly punch too. The border is by Fiskars and the frame around Tilda is done with my Labels 3 Nestabilities. Isn't she just a cutie-pop?

My most favorite tulips are the ones that have a tinge of different color at the tips, so I colored my tulips like that & added diamond stickles on top. (her hair is done w/ these Copics E29, E25, E35)

Second card today uses a new Lockhart stamp "Patio Petunias"--yay--Susana's store has ALL the new Lockharts in stock & they are fabulous! (thanks Susana for my bday presents) I paired it up with my new Basic Grey's "Wisteria" dp (so pretty) and PTI's lavender moon cs & ribbon. I cut my images out with my Labels 4 Nestabilities--love this shape! I added some Kaiser pearls to the corners & that was it! Simple, elegant & lovely dontcha' think?

A close-up to show the iced lavender Shimmerz I used on the flower centers & gardening gloves! Love me my shimmerz!



Vegas 2009 Photos!!

Hope you have a wonderful Friday & I'll catch back up with you all tomorrow!!

hugz,

Suzanne

22 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time in Vegas Suzanne and love seeing your photo's Gorgeous cards as always and so pretty, love your colouring and details, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh - I'm flipping out over your Lockhart card. The Wisteria paper looks divine with that fabulously colors image. I really enjoyed your Vegas slideshow...it brought back tons of memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! so sorry about your illness!
    Both cards are beautiful! Great papers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - these cards are just beautiful!! Love your coloring - thanks for the great video tutorials you've done - I so want some copics now :)
    Have a nice day!! Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope both you and your son will feel better soon!

    Your cards are gorgeous!♥♥♥

    So nice to see your Vegas pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards, Suzanne...Gosh, hope you and your son feel much better real soon..Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good afternoon Suzanne, wow, these cards are all gorgeous hunny. I love them both. Your mum will adore her mothers day card, its totally stunning! have a good weekend hunny, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cards and the holiday pics.

    Sending get well wishes your way for you and your son.

    Hugs
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, she's back. I am so sorry that both of you are so sick. I hope you two will be well soon.

    Love the two new cards. It was so lonely out here without being able to enjoy your beautiful cards.

    Great slideshow and I am glad you had such a good time out west.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, you poor thing! Stay in bed and take care of yourself and Riley. So, so sorry you're not feeling well. Love the cards and that Tilda is sitting on my desk waiting to be put together. Love, adore the lavender card. So elegant looking. And the pictures rock! Looks like a fabulous time! Now I want to go to Vegas! So glad you're back! I've really missed you.

    Here's some cyber chicken soup and hugs for you,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards I just love your coloring.. so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your birthday slide show was fun! We are glad to have you back. The asthma was effected by what you have? Poor Riley. You take care of you two.
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh...Suzanne...I hope you are all feeling better very ..very soon. It had to be so hard to not be able to go to the ER with your son. Your Mother's day card is... of course, fabulous and I'm so happy you had a wonderful time in Vegas Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your son but hopefully he's on the mend as well as you. I'm in love with the petunia card! Purple is my favorite color and that stamp is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back, Suzanne. So sorry you're feeling so poorly, and poor Riley as well! I hope everyone is all better very soon! Take good care of yourself!

    Love your cards! Tilda is beautiful, she's one of my favorites too! Your petunia card is fabulous!

    Feel better!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a blog lurker but i always love your creations. You guys get better. All your stunning photo from Vegas made me miss home. I am from there, that's what I get for marrying the military LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Suzanne!! Feel better and I hope your son is better too! Huge hugs! I'm thinking of you guys!
    Gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pics!! Great cards! Glad that you had fun b-day! I hope that you and your are feeling better super soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards Suzanne. Hope your son is better soon!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Suzanne, glad you had a wonderful time in Vegas, I've been lucky enough to visit there myself. Your cards are beautiful as always. I hope you and your son get better soon, I have asthma myself and I know how scary an attack can be, hope he recovers well. Dawn Marie.x

    ReplyDelete
  21. So happy that you are back and sorry that you are sick! I just love this card and how you have done Tilda - those tulips sparkling are just amazing! I really like the haircolor - thank you for sharing the colors with us!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Suzanne,

    Glad to hear you had such a fun time for your Birthday!!

    So very sorry your son is in hospital - hope he is home very soon and on the mend. AND you as well. You both sound so very ill!!

    Both of your cards are great - particularly like your Mother's Day card.

    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover