Thursday, November 6, 2008

Feeling Fall!!

Happy Thursday everyone! Can you believe the weekend is almost here again? Before ya know it it's Christmas--aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I'm sooooo not going to be ready, lol! My to-do list is long, my craft list is long & the holiday parties list is too long!! Not to mention the boxes & boxes of holiday decorations I have to put up--remember I put up 8 Xmas trees every year & this year I might add another one (hmmm...we'll see)--I think I may be CRAZY for sure, hee hee!

*****************************************************************
***BLOG CANDY ALERT--If you haven't entered for my Christmas Blog Candy yet, see the post below for all the details including how you can enter for a SECOND CHANCE candy over at my friends store Susana's Custom Art & Card Design!!***
******************************************************************

I wanted to share a couple of pictures of my kiddos dressed up for Halloween this past Friday. My son wanted to be a 40's gangsta (a la Bonnie & Clyde) & that is a FAKE cigarette & gun from the party store so don't worry, lol! My daughter was a woodland fairy & thankfully the weather wasn't too cold for this outfit this year :o)



They got oodles of candy, but we're going to donate most of it to some local nursing homes. We're not big candy eaters here and I hate for it to go to waste (but I do love those Tootsie Rolls, lol)! My Halloween decorations are put away, Thanksgiving wreath is up & Christmas is soon on the way!!

Speaking of fall, I wanted to share a card I made using some new Magnolia Stamps that I got from Diana at Magnolia-licious. Diana is having a 30% off sale off of alot of the fall stamps & some others thru Nov. 8th so get over there and check it out before they're all gone! I had to have this Edwin cuz' I think he is such a cutie in his lil' overalls and I thought these mushrooms were so whimsical looking. Everything was colored w/ my Copics and I added diamond glaze to the mushroom caps. The dp is new from Basic Grey's "Granola" paper pad--perfect for those boy/masculine cards that we all need from time to time. I paper pierced the edges and then inked up the edges of the cream cs w/ some brown ink. The sentiment is from PTI's "Limitless Labels" and those are silver & gold Robin's Nest dew drops around the circle.

My last card today uses a stamp from The Stampin' Place called "Snowman & Critters Frame" & I was so drawn to it because (1) I LOVE snowmen and (2) I loved how the animals were illustrated & I knew it would be fun to color! Make sure and check out all their stamps & supplies, not only because they're fabulous but because they're having a HUGE SALE thru Nov. 9th (25% off all stamps & 15% off all supplies)!! I colored this with my Copics again and paired it up with this fun dp by MME "tres jolie"--love red & aqua together. I used my CB embossing folder on the base and added some highlights to it w/ my Inkssentials pen. I double-upped my ribbons and added some stickles to the snowflakes and snowman! I love it, whatcha' think?

Ok, I have a few gift projects to share with you all tomorrow if I can get everything done in time. BTW, have you seen all the new Stickles (Glitz & Distress)--they are FAB-U-LOUS & you can get them here! I'll show you some things made with them tomorrow! Have a great Thursday! Until tomorrow...

Suzanne

9 comments:

  1. what beautiful cards Suzanne, and your children look great in their costumes. Hugs linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the children look fabby in their Halloween costumes! and such beautiful cards, Edwin looks adorable and the snow critters are so cute. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your edwin card suzanne. And I so look forward to tomorrow with your gift posts. I have yet to see the new stickle goodies so anticipate that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne
    Thanks for the info. I'm here! I just want to hug Edwin and your snowman and buddies.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cuties you have! Love the pin stripped suit and watch out, he looks pretty real as a gangster! Your daughter's just darling! How much fun! Love the cards, too. Edwin is just stinkin cute and I love the papers and those animals make that snowman card! I love the panels in the background. Can't wait for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Halloween pics! And your cards are awesome as always! So adorable!! Hugs, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Edwin card! Love the colors you pulledfrom the paper! Also enjoyed the family photos! Great lookingkids!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover