Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! Are you off to a spookin' day, hee hee! My kids are super anxious to go trick-or-treating tonight. Our neighbor/friends have a potluck dinner every Halloween nite so we go there before running around the neighborhood--always a fun nite. After the kids fill their bags full of candy they're off to my mom's house for the weekend---yippee, a kid-free weekend! I'm looking forward to some downtime w/ hubby for sure! So I have my very last Halloween card for you today in celebration of this "witchin'" holiday (lol, I can't stop)!
**NOTE--Hot Cocoa Box Directions/Tutorial at end of this post!**


I used my Crafty Secrets "Halloween Fun" stamp set that I've had for awhile and hadn't used yet (Eeekkk)! I love their vintage images, just adorable. For this card I used SCS sketch #200 for the layout and Cosmo Cricket "Haunted" dp. I added some black stickles to the images for some sparkle and the ribbon is actually wide black raffia that I've tied into a bow w/ some sheer ribbon layered in. The images were all colored w/ Copics & I used my CB embossing folder on the black cs for more texture.

*************************************************************************

Ok, here are my directions for my Hot Cocoa Box from this post. This box will hold 3 of the Land of Lakes Hot Cocoa mixes. You can easily adjust the height & width of this box for whatever size cocoa packets you might have. **Please remember that this box is of my own design and you are welcome to use it for your own project (no submissions please)--just remember to give credit where it is due :)**

For this project you will need:

-Scor-Pal or other scoring tools

-Strong Adhesive like Red-line Tacky tape

-Patterned paper or Cardstock (12x12 works best)

You will cut your paper into (see above, green cs is my side pcs--please click for larger views):

-2 pcs of 3x6" paper for sides (accordian fold)

-2 pcs of 3.5x8" paper for front & back of box

-1 pc of 3.5x5" for lid

You will score your front & back pcs of cs at 6" & 7.5" along the long side (see above)--crease well.

Your sides (accordian fold) need to be scored every 1/2" 5 times along the short side & then fold these back & forth like making a fan.

Your cs for your lid will be scored at 2.5" & 4" along the long side--crease well again.

This is how the front & back are put together--you basically lay one piece of your cs inside the other cs fold and attach w/ strong adhesive. For my template I did this step pretty loosely but if it was my "actual" project I would have used my tacky tape because you want a strong hold. Make sure that the "BACK" of your box is the one with the bottom flap on the outside--you don't want that to show on the front of your box.

For the lid you will attach the shortest scored side to the back w/ your adhesive/tape like above.

Once you've made your accordian fold sides you need to apply your tacky tape to the front & back flaps of each side so it can be attached. In the above picture you can see that I've only attached it to the back so far.

And that's it--you're done. Now you decorate it to your heart's desire! I used a Basic Grey small magnet under my dp on my lid and front so it closes. You could easily use velcro or even a ribbon tied closure too.

This photo shows the back side--you can see where the back bottom flap is better in this picture--you can tell that my actual project was much neater than my template, but you get the idea, lol! Hope this tutorial was easy to follow & let me know if you make one--I'd love to see it!

Have a spooktacular day wherever you are & a wonderfully fun & safe Halloween! I will have 2 posts going up on Saturday & Monday for you while I'm gone. Don't miss me, hee hee!

hugz,
Suzanne

12 comments:

  1. Great box tutorial Suzanne, will give it a go later. Happly halloween to you too hun. Enjoy the day. hugs linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tutorial, thanks! and I just adore your Halloween card with that adorable image - I'm going to make a cuppa and take a browse on the link you gave .. ..! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! That is the sweetest witch I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable halloween card! Happy Halloween to you too! Hope you have a great time w/ hubby and no kids! :) Enjoy your together-time! Thanks so much for the GREAT tutorial!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, what a darling Halloween card and your tutorial is AWESOME!!! I will have to make one of these, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the card and tutorial! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is soo cute, and thanks for the know how!!!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card Suzanne, she's so sweet! :) Thanks also so much for the tutorial, I'll have to try this soon.
    Hugs, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I've been eagerly waiting for your tutorial on this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. ADORABLE ACCORDIAN HOLDER!! Wow that was just awesome! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great tutorial! I'm saving all this stuff! Love, love this cutie witch! And the box ended up so darling! Love, love it all! Hurry back! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover