Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What a Day!





Hello Everyone! And what a day yesterday was for sure! First I want to tell you that Katharina of Whiff of Joy asked me last week to become a permanent member of her DT--yippee!! I was so excited and ya know I said "yes" right away, tee hee! I lovvvvvvvveee those stamps so much and cannot wait for the new ones. BTW, she's having another challenge to look for the next Guest Designer so get on over to her blog and check it out! And my DT sistah Bev is having her Whiff of Joy blog candy giveaway starting today, so get on over there and check it out & enter (make sure and enjoy her gorgeous creations too)! And if that's not enough for ya, Elisabeth Bell is having blog candy on her blog too (yummilicious)! And for those of you here in the US who want some Whiff of Joy stamps, All That Scraps now has them for you to purchase (although Christine does not have all of them yet) or you can still order them directly from Whiff of Joy.


A quick funny story for ya (if you are a lover of snakes, skip to next paragraph). Yesterday afternoon there was a copperhead snake (venomous & poisonous) in my back stairwell (our basement has walk-up stairs to the yard with woods behind us). Unbeknownst to me I had let the doggies out in the yard and I almost stepped on it--yucko! So I'm totally freaked out because I don't want the snake to get up in the yard but I'm scared to death to go outside and kill it. Long story short, my good friend Sally came up for moral support and both us got armed w/ shovels to attack. My son took a video and if you are familiar with the "I Love Lucy" show--well we were Lucy & Ethel for sure (its comical now after the fact, lol). Anywhoo, after much screaming and jumping around we managed to kill it and bag it up (for my hubby to dispose of)! Sorry, but I just do not like snakes of any kind--gross-o! I thought I might actually have a heart attack or vomit at the same--for sure the grossest thing I've ever done! Hopefully no more snakes come back for vengeance to get me!!


Ok, onto to more pleasant things! This card was made with a new Magnolia stamp from the Fall Kit (Winter Kit is now available for pre-order here. It works out to about $45 for all the stamps and shipping so it is a deal). The background stamp is from Alota stamps--its actually probably supposed to be a summer bg but I colored it so it was fall. I paper pieced her shirt--the dp is new from SU's designer paper pack (hostess level). After coloring the bg w/ my Copics I used my pearlescent watercolors to color the clouds and sky for a nice soft shimmer. I also added stickles to the edges of the clouds and some to the trees. The ribbon and cs is from PTI and the sentiment is actually a clear sticker from Cloud 9 Designs that I attached to cs. I'm hoping Diana Crick's webshop for Magnolia-licious is close to opening, but until then you can contact her at magnolia.us@shaw.ca for ordering information (the fall kit stamp will not be available thru her).
All right, I'm off to work on some more projects. I got all the new JustRite stamping goodies yesterday so I have to try them out--lovee them! And I have another "secret" to share w/ ya this week so stay tuned...!
See ya--
Suzanne
**NOTE: My blog candy #1 has still not been claimed by Linda Deline--if I don't hear from you by Thursday I will redraw a number and award the blog candy to someone else. Thanks!***

19 comments:

  1. Fab little scene for a wonderful card. Great colors and stamp:)

    Brocéliane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oups I forgot to tell you Congratulations for the Whiff Of Joy DT. Your work is always fantastic so it is a super news:)

    Brocéliane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you're lucky to ba part of the WoJ team, and very well deserved as well! :) So lovely card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous scene you have made and coloured beautifully for autumn. I love this Tilda from the autumn club collection, she is so useful for all year round and looks so cute with her little headscarf. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card!! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the DT for WOJ. It is no wonder Katharina asked you to stay on ... your cards are so gorgeous! I love this new one and I have to say you are a brave woman. I am sure you are now feared in the snake community! LOL! Hugs Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such beautiful cards!! Congrats on your good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on DT, well deserved!! Beautiful card, I just love your coloring and all the details!! Love, love, love this new Tilda.
    Hugs,
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  9. OM goodness Suzanne your card is beautiful! Love how you transformed the background into fall! And your magnolia is so cute! I am going to color with my WOJ images you sent me to try my hand and submit a creation for the WOJ DT as Guest Designer! Ewwww...snakes scare me! I don't know how you managed to kill it b/c I would have just screamed the whole time and not done anything! ha ha! Your video must be hilarious!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wonderful! Love everything about the card and the layout! Would have loved to see your sons documentary on how-to-kill-a- snake :-)
    Kram from Sweden - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  11. whouahhhhh !!!! very fab scene !!!!! and very great colors and stamp !!!!!
    very fantastic !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you and excited for us to see what you come up with! Love this Tilda and the background is great! I hate snakes too and you're much braver than I am. Great, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! And awesome card, I love the sparkles on the clouds and in the trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous Suzanne! Love the scene you created. Congrats on your WOJ news! :)
    Hugs,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Suzanne! Your coloring is AWESOME!!! Congratulations on becomining WOJ DT!!! Your work is so worthy! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi suzanne!
    love the card!! and WOW i am sorry but i don't think i could have done the snake.......congrats on WOJ and cannot wait to hear what else you have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! I love the fall colors and all of the sparkles!! The little girl is just soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Autumn colours! I love your colouring

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover