Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Leaf Jumpin'!!



Happy Hump (that's Wed in goofy speak) day everyone! Here in VA fall has certainly arrived--I've had my windows open for 2 weeks now, yippee! Althought the evenings are getting a little too chilly for my taste--I despise cold weather!! Someday I will be living down South somewhere....dreamin' right!! I'm off to lunch today with my "lunch bunch" gal pals which is always a good time (oh if the hubby's knew what we talked about, ha ha). I'm having a "double-girl" outing today, first lunch and then this evening we're going out to the movies to see "The Women" (love Meg Ryan)--I'll letcha' know how it is, okay!!
Ok, moving on...since it feels like fall I made a couple of fall cards for ya! Both of these cards use stamps from H&M Stamp Co. called "A Leaf Load"--I LOVE it! It's so much fun to use and I already have 3 more cards planned with this set! I wanted them both to be similar in style (for my kiddos for their lunchboxes). They're both flap cards which I don't always do, but I really think they add a fun element to your card.


The first card uses the cute girl stamp--she is in 2 parts so she looks like she's under the leaves. I popped her up on dimensionals and is colored with Copics. The fabulous dp is from Black Market Paper Society called "Imported Rhythm" paired w/ cs from PTI. I added some stickles here and there for sparkle and then punched a couple of leaves out of the dp and attached.


Don't these kids remind you of when you were young--I loved jumping into a fresh pile of leaves! Not anymore :( since I'm the one raking them & there could be snakes hiding in there ya know, lol! I added some extra leaves flying thru the air to this "boy" card--he looks so joyful doesn't he! The dp on this card is from DCWV's "fall matstack"--lovee the fun colors!


Hope you enjoyed my fall cards today! Don't forget to enter for some yummy Whiff of Joy blog candy over on my DT sistah Kimmie's blog--she's giving one lucky person a "Melinda Blowing Kisses" stamp. If you already own some of these lovely Whiff of Joy ** stamps you can now participate in weekly challenges over on the new Whiff of Joy Challenge blog too.


lots of hugz,
Suzanne
**If you want to order the Whiff of Joy stamps here in the US, you can now get them from All That Scraps.

8 comments:

  1. love your faby fall cards. we are still green here in Cornwall, but no doubt the leaves will turn soon. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards...makes you wanna jump into a pile of leaves lol. The colours are super (I love the colours in fall).

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh Suzanne two fabulous cards....love the stamps and the sentiments...perfect..hope that you have loads of fun with your gal pals...sounds like your going to have a great time. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! You have such wonderful cards!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable card Suzanne, I love them! The DP is just perfect too. TFS :)

    Hugs,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fall cards! How cool that you can position her in the leaf pile! Oh and I just hate the cold too and dream of living down south everytime the snow flies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is fabulous. Congratulations on winning a place on the Spiral Whispers Guest Designer DT. Well deserved, your work is fab. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your autumn cards! What a nice surprise for your children!
    hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover