Saturday, August 2, 2008

Stylicious!


Happy Saturday afternoon everyone! I hope you're enjoying your weekend so far. Can you believe its August already--oh, how the summer does fly by!! I am in a much better mood today after spending 5 hours fixing up my blog last night. What a stressful, mess that was--and it's all SiteMeter's fault (lol)!! But I'm not one to dwell on bad stuff, so I'm moving on....for now...no, really I will!!


I needed to make a quick card today to get my mojo back up to speed after last nite's fiasco (see I'm not dwellin') and this sketch challenge by Our Creative Corner fit the bill! Really a cool sketch, get over there and try it out for yourself--very versatile! I'm just lovin' on navy and white right now--my closet is filled with these colors this summer and I just think its so elegant and striking. Never can go wrong with this color combo, me thinks!


This card took me under 30 mins, so it's definitely not difficult to put together. I love, love this "Retro Boutique" set from Gina K. I'm not really a dress person, but I love to see them and I love how everyone in the 40's & 50's looked with these full skirts and beautifully patterned sundresses. I've tried them on but I think they make me look hippy :( oh well, maybe when I lose 15 lbs (he he he), so instead I'll just stamp with them!! I triple stamped this dress; first on white cs, then SU's night of navy cs and finally the dp by Sassafrass Lass (Serendipity-blue boutique). I cut the top of the dress from the navy and the skirt from the dp and glued them onto the white stamped image (Ya know how I love my paper piecing). I used my Copic Marker (B39 which matches SU's night of navy perfectly) to color the small band at the bottom of the dress. For a final touch I added a small pearl (love them) to the waistband. The navy polka dots on white was done with PTI's "polka dot basics" set and SU ink--I resisted using my CB swiss dots folder cuz' you're probably sick of seeing it (but I love it so much). I used my nesties for the circless and just popped everything up w/ my dimensionals. The sentiment was cut out with my nestie tag trio and wrapped with white satin ribbon from Offray. That's it--it's done! I'm lovin' it!


Hopefully no more computer issues for me this weekend! We might try and go to the Baltimore Zoo tomorrow with the kiddos since the weather is supposed to be nice. And thanks for all the sweet and wonderful comments you sent me about my new Guest DT position with Whiff of Joy--I so appreciate your support!! Can't wait to get those stamps and share with you!!

See ya around tomorrow and Enjoy your weekend!
Suzanne

5 comments:

  1. OH goodness...sorry to hear you had that problem with site meter too...glad you got it fixed now though!!

    Your card is super!! Love the dress...lol

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really cute! I love the dress and the detail of the belt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deine Karte ist wunderschön!
    Super!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is very elegant :)
    *Brocéliane*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your card over on Caardvarks and just wanted to stop by your blog and say what a gorgeous card you made! I just love black and white-so elegant!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover