Monday, July 28, 2008

Viva La Diva!


Good Monday Morning! Usually on Monday's I say uck!, but this week is fairly low key for me--nothing major going on which is nice. The kids have evening activities to go to a couple of times, but that's it (love it)!! Hopin' your week is low key too!


I made this card today with another Dirty Girl challenge over on SCS again. I know, I know...I'm doing alot of them, but if you finish them all(and there's a ton) you get entered for 4 gigantic prize packages, so I'm tryin'! I like to incorporate a couple in each card, but I still have 7 more to go and finish up by Aug. 1st (hope I make it)!! If you're not a fan club member on SCS and are interested, you can read about it here. This challenge was to use pink & black colors and faux stitching on your card. I LOVE pink and black together--tres chic, I think, especially paired with my (French Diva) Tilda with her beret! At least I think she's frenchie lookin' :)


I created this card layout after many different attempts, but I'm pleased with the final layout. I stamped and then colored her with my Copics and added dots to her shirt and skirt w/ my white Inkssentials pen (and highlights). I also added some pink stickles to her hairbows and diamond glaze to her shoes. I used my oval nestabilities to cut her out and the scalloped oval. The b&w floral dp is by Imaginisce, the pink argyle dp is from SU and the polka-dots dp is by Doodlebug Designs. I made the corner elements by punching out 2 scalloped squares w/ my Marvy punch and then cutting them in half and attaching them w/ dimensionals. The scalloped border is with my handy dandy Fiskars border punch (threading water)-gotta love that thing!! The sentiment is from Hero Arts. I wrapped my favorite black satin ribbon (Offray) around and tied it off--this time I added a centerpiece to the knot. I layered 3 Primas and placed a polka dotted brad in the middle and attached it with glue dots. For the faux stitching element, I used my Inkssentials pen again to "stitch" around the edge of the card. Tres Chic indeed!!! Hope you like!


Remember, if you're interested in ordering the Magnolia stamps you can contact Diana Crick of Scor-Pal at magnolia.us@shaw.ca. If you haven't joined the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group yet, whatcha' waiting for--you can join up and look at the list of Diana's inventory for you to browse and drool over. Can't wait until her webshop is up & running...very soon!!
I am also selling a bunch of my retired or unused SU stamp sets, some of which have never been opened. If you are interested in buying any, please email me at sjdean@smartneighborhood.net and I will hold them for you on a 1st come basis. I can send you a paypal invoice or I will accept personal checks--if you are sending a personal check I cannot send the stamps until your check has cleared. If you're not sure what each set looks like, you can check out www.ebay.com and they have pictures of them all. I'm charging a flat shipping fee of $2.50.
-Mixed Bouquet (gently used) $10
-Olive You (gently used) $4
-Fun Filled (gently used) $5
-Paint Prints (brand new) $5
-Shape Ups (brand new) $4
-Letter Patterns (mounted but never used) $8
-Polka Dots & Paisley (gently used) $10
-Winged Things (gently used) $7
-Double Line Doodles (brand new) $12
-Two-Step Stampin Christmas Foliage (gently used) $8
-Year Round Fun II (brand new) $14
-Fun Filled (gently used) $4
-Happy Heart Day (gently used) $7
-Collage Alphabet (only a few have been used) $18
-Collage Alphabet Numbers $5
-Doodle Alphabet (gently used) $14


I'm off to work on card orders and hopefully to complete another challenge! Enjoy your day!Suzanne

10 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love your card design and colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. I love the pink and black..so french.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is very "chic". Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un bon emploi!
    The coloring is wonderful!! She is diffently French! She is just tooo cute, Love the beret!
    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Fab card from you not suprising:) I love it!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Diva is tres chic! How stinkin cute is she? Love the pink and black and all the papers just goes together. I'd sit and have a cafe latte with her! Very cute and I believe in you that you can finish the other challenges. Go for it! If the rest come out anything like her, you're a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so sweet! I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Stunning Suzanne. A perfect card with a wonderful and unique colouring! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous card!!!!
    Great job!!
    I love colours and design.
    Hugs Mumur

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover