Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sweet Summertime!




Happy Saturday everyone! I hope your weekend has started off good. We had a wonderful time at dinner last night w/ our friends and it was nice to have adult talk and no kiddos at the table!! Lots of good food (including dessert) and lots of laughs--a great time. I have had quite a bit of time in my craft room today and it's been wonderful--lovin' it!


My first card today incorporates 3 challenges if you can believe it--told ya I'm a multi-tasker!! I'll name them real quick for you-- 2 of these challenges are from the Dirty Girl**challenges over on SCS (one by Julia to sew on your card, the other by Christine to watercolor) and the other is for the challenge blog Caardvarks --this is a sketch by Kazan. This card uses my newest Sarah Kay stamp called "Picnics of Daisies" that I ordered from 7 Kids College Fund and to me it just personifies summer! I watercolored her with my aquapainter and SU reinkers/pads--I haven't done this in awhile & I forgot how much I enjoy it, such a softer look. The larger patterned dp is from DCWV "Pocket of Posies" stack mat and the smaller, red dp is from SU paired with SU cs. I punched the corners of the main dp then I actually stitched it to the card w/ red thread in all the corners. Now if you know me well, you'll know I hate to sew (I know how, but I don't like to do it)!! I also sewed 2 Prima flowers along with an SEI button to the card. The sentiment I stamped directly on my main image and it's from PTI's "Mailbox Greetings" set. Everything is layered and popped up with dimensionals. The scalloped border is made w/ my Fiskars "threading water" border punch. It doesn't show up well in the picture, but I added a lil' sparkle to the flowers, hat bow and picnic basket cover w/ my clear Spica pen. Ta-Da, she's all done and I love it!

If you haven't checked out Gina K's new stamps, get on over there. There's a super cute one by Melanie Muenchinger that I love (and ordered).

I have lots more to share with you and I'll be back tomorrow to share another project. Until then have a great Saturday evening!
Suzanne
** You can only participate in the Dirty Girl Challenges on SCS if you are a fan club member. You can join at any time over there.

5 comments:

  1. OMG- this card is soooooo cute! I knew I loved that paper AND I have it too! I am so excited, and just anxious to get some images. Have a great weekend girl! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember wearing a top just like that when I was little ... love the blue and red together ... adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Suzanne!! Great colour combo and wonderful colouring. Thanks for adding the WoJ banner :)
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card, the colours work so well together

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love,love, love this card!! Your coloring is so awesome!! Could you please tell me what color you've used for the skin tone??

    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover