Thursday, July 17, 2008

Flower Power!





Good Thursday to everyone! One more day to the weekend-yippee! We have a few things planned for this weekend but not anything major. My dd, Alexa, is taking a 5 hour babysitting/cpr course on Saturday and then we have a pool party to go to. On Sunday my dh and son are playing in a parent/child golf tournament at our Golf Club--my son is so excited about it. Afterwards they give out the prizes and have an ice cream sundae bar set up (hmm..I might have to go that part-lol)! Speaking of ice cream, I don't know if any of you like chocolate brownies & cheesecake (my two faves), but Ben & Jerry's has put the two together and it is fantabulous!! I buy 3 pints at a time---my butt is showing it, so more walking/jogging for me :) If you happen to want some it's called "One Cheesecake Brownie"--hope you can find it cuz' I might have bought them all out--LOL!! Hmmm....maybe I should have done "dessert" cards today---maybe tomorrow :)


***BLOG CANDY ALERT--If you haven't already entered to win my blog candy, you can do so here until this Friday at 11 pm (EST)***


Ok, onto my stamping projects for today. My first card I made was using this week's "new technique" spotlight over at SCS which was making a grid on your cs (they have a tutorial too). Now, I have seen it on others creations & just loved it, but had never tried it for myself--how dumb is that? It's super easy and if you have a scor-pal it will only take a minute to do (if you don't you can use a ruler & bone folder too). This stamp set was the "free with three" over on Gina K's this past month and I just loved this vase of flowers. My mom always had fresh cut flowers in the house in a milk vase similar to this, so I had to get it since it brings good memories. I used this yummo-licious paper (which I'm hoarding cuz' I love it so much) from Daisy D's called "Autumn Collection-Fall in Love" and paired it with SU's really rust cs. I scored a grid onto the cs and then added the dp to the card. The image is colored w/ Copics and I then added 2 coats of diamond glaze to the vase for a nice, glassy shine (ya know I love that stuff--wish I could buy it by the gallon). I used my square nestabilities to layer it and popped it and the sentiment up w/ dimensionals. The ribbon is some that I had gotten from Michael's $1 bin (don't ya love those $1 bins) and it paired well with all the colors. I love this color combo and I definitely will be using it again (kinda fall like which I'm not ready for yet-lol). I inked the edges of everything & the grid pattern with my cream chalk ink from ColorBox to shab it up a bit and ta-da it's done!


The second card is using my Stamping Bella "Gardenia Greenthumb" stamp that my bella Sistah Cathy sent me (thanks again). This is the first time I've inked her up, I haven't used any of my bellas in awhile, they must be lonely. Have you seen some of their new stamps--I really want that bella on a bike w/ her dog, eventually I guess I'll get it. I used dp from Basic Grey's "Sultry" pad and the cs is SU's pixie pink & purely pomegranate. She's colored with Copics and I added stickles to some of the flowers and her lil' fairy wings. The sentiment is from PTI's "flower garden sentiments" and stamped w/ SU's coordinating ink. I added a faux bow with the matching SU ribbon and placed the sentiment (which is glazed with diamond glaze for a glass pebble look) on top. All of the edges were punched with my SU ticket corner punch, which I love to use. Lastly I added 3 rhinestone flowers from Imaginisce and she's done--all pretty in pink and dressed up to garden--ha ha, like any of us evah' look like that gardening!


Hope you have a great afternoon--if the weather stays nice we are headed to the pool for awhile!
Until tomorrow...
Suzanne

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards!

    Heather
    scrappinmominky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Bella Garden girl! You did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful! I love your farm frenzy too! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I can smell the flowers! Love the paper and the scored background. You've inspired me to try it! And little Miss Gardner is adorable! Love her green dress! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are adorable!! I just got my Scor Pal so I guess I need to try that grid technique out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are just great again! The flowers look just like real ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that vase in the first card is shaded so absolutely perfectly, it's about to jump off the page - BEAUTIFUL card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover