Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Farm Animal Frenzy!




Happy Wednesday everyone-hope its a good one! We're just hanging around the house today. My dd had to babysit this morning and both of the kids have evening activities so we're not doing much this afternoon. Which means more time to stamp for me--yippee! I won't keep you long today, as I have much to finish up here.


***If you haven't entered for my blog candy you can do it here until Friday night at 11 pm (EST)***

Both of my cards today feature farm animals--gotta love 'em! Both of these stamps are from Penny Black ("for a spin" & "chic chick") and I got mine here. I've told you before about my love affair with cows--just too cute--and even though I'm only "allowed" by my dh to have a few "classy" farm animals in the house, I can make as many cards w/ them as I please!! When I saw this cow on the bike zooming down the road with his chicky friends I knew I had to have it! The dp is from DCWV (summer matstack) and I adore it--because ya know red & black are my all time favorites & I paired it up w/ SU's wild wasabi cs. My images are colored with Copics & yes the cow has some white areas in his black spots--that's not bad coloring, just how the stamp stamps the image:) I added some diamond glaze to the bike to make it shine and the flowers are all by Prima & I added button centers (I'm on a button-love craze right now)! I made this card yesterday afternoon & today when I checked out SCS's weekly sketch #185 this card fit the bill--how's that for luck! I wanted the sentiment (from MFT's Punny Farm) to be hidden so I made a slot with dimensional foam tape for it under the main image. I added ribbon & another button to it, and now the recipient can just pull it out.


The second card was just a quickie color-blocking card I was messin' around with. This Penny Black image is too funny w/ her lil' purse and cell phone in hand. She's colored w/ Copics and I added diamond glaze to her cell phone & beak (love the shine and dimension it gives). The red dp is from MAMBI (Me&My Big Ideas) and the other dp's I made. The blue dp is made with SU's bashful blue cs and then I stamped a circle image from PTI's "b&c monogram edition" with watermark ink and used my Inkssentials pen to make the white dots. The red polka dots are made with PTI's "polka dot basics" set using SU's real red ink. I used my tag trio nestabilities on both cards for the sentiments--love those things--this sentiment is from MFT's "Can Ya Dig It" set. And the ribbon is from SU--I also added some rhinestones from AMuse onto the bottom of the sentiment for some bling. Just a quick & easy notecard--fun, fun!


Don't forget to check out all of PTI's new stamp sets & accessories--love 'em! I can't wait for everyone to get back from CHA to show us all the new products that are coming out! I'd love to go to this next year--sounds like loads of fun! See ya tomorrow!
Suzanne

6 comments:

  1. I just love these new cards of yours Suzanne, Penny Black is still great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is too cute, both of them.. I love penny black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so MOOOOving!!! LOL
    They are both really cute love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These colorful cards are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Penny Black! These colors are great! Love this background paper! It goes so well the the black and white animals. The brighter the better sometimes! These are fun! They made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I Totally LOVE LOVE these Penny Black stamps and the cards you created! They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover