Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bubbly Fun!













Hello everyone! I am still on vacay until Tuesday, but I wanted to post at least once while I was gone. We are having a great time here in Snowshoe, WV--the weather has been perfect with no humidity which is wonderful. We spent the day yesterday at the mountain for their annual Chili Cookoff which was fun--although my dh and brother had some really hot chili that was making people puke--that's not food just torture!! We took the ski lift down to the base of the mountain and went paddleboating on the lake (actually my dh took the kids while I relaxed in the shade--lol) and went on a walk on the trail! The first pic is of my dh with our kids and our niece Jenna at the top of the mountain. The views here are spectacular and yesterday was so clear. My dh and brother are taking the kids to a park in a gorge to see some Civil War battle sites today--my SIL and I are chillin' with the baby (that's my dh with my niece Taylor above--isn't she a cutie). Anyhow, I'll share more with you on Tuesday when I'm home in my craft room (which I miss, miss)!


***Blog Candy Alert*** I've gotten over 5,000 hits so that means blog candy this week when I get home. I'll let you know what's going to be in it soon, but I can tell you there will be lots of Magnolia images and a brand spankin' new Sweet Ebony/Sugar Nellie Stamp, so stay tuned!***


Ok, my card I made before I left uses the Penny Black "Bubbly" acrylic stamp set and the images in this set are super cute! I just love this kitty drinking champagne in the tubby with his mouse friend (don't we all wish for time like that, oh yeah :)) I used a different Cuttlebug embossing folder this time (shocker I know) to emboss all of the circles. I embossed a piece of acetate and placed it over the stamped image to give the illusion of a gel/water card with floating bubbles--the less messy way to do it I guess-lol! I also used more embossed circles that I popped up with dimensionals for a "bubbly" look. And this dp from Memory Box "summer" just fit the bill perfectly with all of the circles on it. I love the color scheme of this card (PTI's spring moss paired w/ SU's soft sky) it just reminds me of soapy fun for some reason--calming and soft. I will definitely use this color combo again--luv it! I love the sentiment that comes with this set too--perfecto! I finished it off with some dew drops scattered about and that's it. Hope ya like it!


Alright, I'm signing off until Tuesday. I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!
See ya--Suzanne
Penny Black "bubbly" stamp set, Memory Box dp, PTI spring moss cs & SU soft sky cs, cuttlebug embossing folder, Copics, dimensionals, stickles, nestabilities, acetate, dew drops

4 comments:

  1. What a darling card...I love the bubble effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very beautiful family :) I'm glad you're having a great time on vacation :)

    BTW love your card it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cute! I love the CB embossed acetate...you are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card!!! The CB folder you chose fits that stamp perfectly!! LOVE IT!!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover