Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fur Babies


Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you've had a glorious weekend so far. It is hot & humid here (feels like 110 deg), but at least its sunny & I love the warmth! I'm a little sad today unfortunately. If you're a regular reader of my blog you know how big of an animal lover I am--I am a mom to 6 furbabies (2 dogs & 4 cats). Last year was rough because I lost my siamese kitty, Windy to cancer in the spring (she was my baby) and then this past fall I lost my mini schnauzer, Trinket to cancer too (both were 12 & were my 1st babies). We ended up getting another cairn puppy & 2 rescue kitties (all my cats come from rescue organizations, which I truly believe in) to complete our family. My furbaby cat Poncho (the one I mentioned in a post below--grumpy boy) who only loves me :) had to go into the hospital last night with a urinary blockage & will be there at least 3 days. They said if we hadn't brought him in he would've been dead today--so I'm pretty worried/stressed over this--puts a small cloud on my mood :( But hopefully he will recover and return to his usual grumpy, bossy self that I love so much. Ok onto my project (enough doom & gloom)--

I made this doggy gift set for a friend who just got a new beagle puppy (she also lost her dog this past year) and its her new baby! What better way to greet a new furbaby than with a cute gift set that has doggie treats!! I just ordered this new paper from Love,Elsie(KI memories) that's all doggy & I just love it & had to use it--the colors are so fun. The treat bag (holds organic doggie biscuits) is from PTI and I covered up the window with the paper because I didn't like the dog biscuit package showing thru & then stamped the outside randomly. The stamp set is from CTMH (Puppy Love) which appropriately had a beagle stamp included. The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms (Kim Hughes,Pet-tootie sentiments) and all the cs & ink is from SU. I really like the cheerfulness of it--too cute. Hope you like it too!

I have some great projects up my sleeves that I will post over the next week so be on the lookout. I'm off to the pool for a little while to cool off--see ya tomorrow!
Suzanne

Close to My Heart "Puppy Love" stamp set, Kim Hughes "Pet-tootie" sentiment, Love Elsie (KI Memories) dp & heart chipboard sticker, SU ink & cs, American Crafts Ribbon, dimensionals, nestabilities, Fiskars threading water border punch, PTI kraft window bag

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover