Sunday, June 1, 2008

Friends & Recovery



Hello Friends! If you've visited my blog this week, you know that I have been MIA after having a lumpectomy on Tuesday. Thank goodness, pathology came back clear & it was just a large benign cyst that had gotten infected. I feel like I dodged a humongo bullet this week & am very thankful--it was a very stressful time for us and I'm glad its over. I have to say I have the most wonderful friends and family who support and love us when the going gets tough. I had lots of prayers and well wishes, meals brought over every night and the most beautiful flowers (smellin' so good) given to me. My "lunch bunch" gal friends brought us dinners and gave me the lovely flowers and a "mucho grande" delivery of Cherry Coke to keep my spirits up--they're just the bestest friends to have around I tell ya'!! Although I haven't been able to eat much, I have been delightin' in drinkin' my coke :) Today is the first day I've been back in my craft room & I've missed it alot. I made a few cards today and will make bunches more this week--yippee! I have lots of thankyou cards to get out! I'll give more details about our long week tomorrow, for now I just want to post my 2 cards for ya & get that counter up to 2,000 so I can give away my blog candy!!!

The first card is my entry for the Bellaholics Home Page Contest for the month of July (of course the theme was red, white & blue) using Stamping Bella stamps. I used balloonabella and masked off the balloons when I stamped and then drew my own USofA flag for her. Her dress is paper pieced with SU dp (all papers are SU) and the fireworks and stars are rub-ons. There's lots of bling (stickles) on this card of course--to light it up. I like how it turned out, nice & patriotic!

The second card is one I decided I needed to make for my dad after receiving a bunch of new stamps in the mail this week from Inkadinkado (they're new sketch stamps are beautiful)--mine came from Addicted to Stamping.com (link is on sidebar). My dad has a passion for sailing, and has sailed his own sailboat on the Chesapeake Bay for as long as I can remember,so this stamp I bought for him. The map dp is from K&Company and the rest from SU. I even googled nautical knots to find out how to tie boat knots with the twine (these knots are reef knots) so its more authentic! I'm pleased with how it turned out & I think he'll really appreciate it.

Well, its great to be back & I will post again tomorrow with more stuff!! See ya--
Suzanne
Stamping Bella USA--stamping bella balloonabella stamp, stickles, Gina K "woo hoo" sentiment, SU dp, nestabilities, Copics, rubons
Sailing card--Inkadinkado stamp, Copics, K&Company dp, SU cs, twine, father's day sentiment from PTI pond life set

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are back! Your cards look great =) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip, Hip, Hooray for a great report from the path lab!!!!!!!!! Your cards are A+ and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back, and that everything turned out ok. I love the red white and blue bella. I've got to get one to enter the July contest with.

    Jac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back and everything turned out good! YAY! LOVEY your July homepage card! That is such a cute idea to insert a flag instead of the balloons!

    Hugs~
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the way you altered the stamp to make it work for you. Great idea!

    Wish you a speedy recovery!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back and glad everything went great! Love the card and good luck on the July challenge. The card rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Glad to hear things turned out and you are okay! Good luck on the contest. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations on the clear pathology, this is wonderful!! Hope you're feeling 100% soon! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that card! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover