Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'm Back--Finally



Hello scrappy people! I am finally back--it feels like its been forevah!!! We got back from our Disney trip this past Sunday and it has taken me all week to recover--lol!! We had a fabulous time, the weather was in the 80's and perfect the entire 10 days (no rain). I love Disney so much, but boy can it wear a body out--we were gone everyday from 9 am until midnite most days. The Magic Kingdom was even open until 2 am one night--we only made it until 12:30 am, but you wouldn't believe the crazies that were still there with their kids (like I'm not crazy, huh). My body is still recovering! Flying down to FL was uneventful if not nerve wracking for me, because you know I hate flying w/ a passion. But the trip back was SCARY!!! We flew on Mother's Day (what a non-treat for me) and flew thru all those horrible storms up & down the East Coast--what a hellish trip. I cried and hyperventilated the whole 2 hours (not kiddin') as we lost altitude, banged around and luggage was flying out of the overhead compartments--I thought we surely were going to crash--it was terrifying. The stewardesses never even got up from their seats, that's how bad it was. It was literally the worst Mother's Day of my life!! I don't think I'll be flying again for quite awhile. And then it proceeded to be cold & rainy here all week--I wish I was still in Florida :)

Anyhoo...enough about my time in sunny Florida! I had to finish laundry and the kids had tons of activities and schoolwork to make up this week, and now I am finally back in my scraproom and back to work! I made 2 cards today--yippee! The first card is a Bella card (bellarina to be exact) and I made this for my daughter who is having her ballet recital next month. She has been doing ballet since she was 3 and was recently asked to join the Ballet Company at her ballet school to perform in professional productions. She has been on pointe for 2 & half years and her feet are gettin' ugly (good in the ballet world, bad for the cute sandal world)! The stamp is of course from Stamping Bella, the SU black cardstock was stamped in versamark with SU's Baroque Motifs and then embossed in white. The pink cardstock & ribbon is from PTI. The quote is actually off of a ballet poster I had seen in Florida. I think she'll like, especially since it will hold a gift card to the mall--lol!
The second card is for my Pink Cat Studio challenge group--it was to use Pink Cat stamps that we hadn't inked up yet. I had gotten these "Beach" stamps before I left and since I'm still dreaming of the sunny Florida weather, I thought this card was appropriate. The dp is from Bo Bunny--I just loved the madra's kinda print and the colors of the paper. I had to paper piece these cute flip-flops w/ it, and stickles are involved of course. I had to color that "itsy,bitsy, teeney-weeney" bikini yellow--although you won't be seeing me in a bikini anytime soon. My bathings suits all have skirts this year--lol!! One of these days I'll lose these 10 lbs--wishful thinking! This sketch is from Taylor's Taylored Expressions blog from awhile ago, I really liked it and had printed it out waiting for me in my sketch notebook. She has a great blog too--go check it out!

I will posting a "smilebox" of pictures from our vacation soon--make sure to check it out. I promise I will be posting regularly for those of you who visit me. Hope your day is spring--y!!

Happy Scrappin--Suzanne
Ballerina card--Stamping Bella stamp, PTI pink ribbon & cardstock, SU black cardstock, SU Baroque Motifs,nestabilities
Beach Card--Pink Cat Studio stamps, Bo Bunny dp, SU solid cs, stickles, brads

3 comments:

  1. Lovey both your cards! The Bellarina is adorable! And the summer one makes me want warm weather now! This girl is in Wisconsin and tonight it's brrr cold here!

    Have a BELLARIFIC Day!
    Hugs~
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the ballet card! It's very dainty =) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bella card is divine! You found a perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover